cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allenrkeen
Nintex Newbie

Can I assign a task to 1 person based on a list of multiple people?

Basically my requirement is: There are 5 people that work a specific process. Can I set up a list of these 5 people and have the first task go to person1, the second go to person2, and so on looping through the list of 5 people over and over?

I tried to query the list and get the first person, then perform a math operation on an "number assigned" column to +1 so that it would get the highest person with a low number, but I can't quite get it to work.

Any input is appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
praios81
Nintex Newbie

Re: Can I assign a task to 1 person based on a list of multiple people?

Could you give a bit more input about your process? Is the order of the people a matter? Are tasks 1-5 the same tasks or is it a different task of the process? Do all people have to approve?

In general it is considered good workflow design to not think in people but in groups. If one of your people is not able to respont to a task, the whole process gets stuck.

So depending on the details of your process it might be an option to have a flexi task with the option "all must respond" wich will basically send a task to all of your 5 people and waits for their approval. Otherwise I could think of 5 groups and each holds one of your people (and ideally at least one additional person for each to help out if someone cannot reply) and set up 5 parallel task actions. Would that help?

Best regards

Enrico

0 Kudos
allenrkeen
Nintex Newbie

Re: Can I assign a task to 1 person based on a list of multiple people?

So this is for a process that 1 of 5 people will work. The task would be assigned to 1 of these 5 people at a time.

The ideal solution is that whenever an item is created, the workflow is assigned to the first person on the list. They are the only one of those 5 people that will work that specific task/workflow. The second item is created and it would be assigned to the second person on the list, The third item would go to the third person and so on with the sixth item going back to the top of the list for person one.

Sorry for the confusion I hope this helps clear it up!

0 Kudos