cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Can I archive data from a list and clear a task form for next day use?

Jump to solution

Hello

I wasn't quite sure how to search for this so I am asking my trusty Nintex friends.

I have a SP2013 list and have attached a Nintex form to it. The list is a validation list that people have to go in daily/weekly/monthly/etc to validate line items and pass or fail. I want to create a workflow that when an item gets put in "Pass" status, the data archives to another folder and that line item clears out specific fields to get it ready for the next day/week/month/etc's validation.

Is this something that is possible with workflow? I am new as of 1 day to Nintex Workflow. Thanks in advance.

Josh

Cassy FreemanPatrick AbelEmily BillingPhilipp LucasRyan Duguidjenn kelleyJamie TruranCeline BaldeviaJason SiebertEmily Slagle

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
72 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Can I archive data from a list and clear a task form for next day use?

Jump to solution

I would create a secondary list (not folder) as the "live" list in the exact same structure and call it archives or something similar.

Have a workflow that runs on modified when item is marked as pass

In the workflow use the create item action to take the current item and copy it to the archive list

then update the fields in current item to be ready for the next day

if you let me know more about the structures if you get stuck I can do a small demo for you.

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I have the workflow created but I am stuck at the part where I clear items and get ready for the next day. Do I use a "delete item" action for this part? I tried that but don't really know how it's works.

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Don't delete it if you need it again for the next day. Use update item to reset the fields our need ready for the next approval...

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

You not our...

this forum is so difficult on a mobile device!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hello Cassy Freeman​, I am not having much luck with this. Do I need to have values in these fields? And do I need to use the "start workflow" action? That confuses me because you specify in the workflow settings, what kicks it off. Thanks!

This is what I have

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Ok so where it says value use list lookup current item and choose the same column name from the current item to move into archive list. Do this for all fields.

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Cassy, you are wonderful! Can you just come sit next to me please? lol. Seriously, thank you for the time you keep taking to help me out. I hope it doesn't sound like I am asking you to do it all for me. You have taught me a lot though.

So with that, another question. After I send the data to the new list, how do I update the old data to get ready for the next review? I tried the update action to replace with blank. That doesn't seem to work. And also...when would I use the "Start a Workflow" action? I am confused on why this action is available. Should I be using it?

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Ok so you could use update item (current item)  choose the fiel from the drop down that you want to update. that should work. But if it doesn't then try set field value and update each field where required.

sorry for the typos - I am on my mobile again and for some reason it won't let me correct them! Frank Field​ we really need to make this more mobile friendly!

the start workflow action is awesome but you won't use it that often. I use it if I have a particularly meaty workflow that I want to breakdown into separate workflow. Then inside workflow 1 I will start workflow 2 and wait for that to complete before continuing  workflow 1. more typos there sorry - so frustrating!

i dont think you need start workflow in this scenario.

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Just looked at your screenshot. Why are you using function? Do you just want to set them to blank again? If so, create a text variable with no default (essentially blank) and set your fields in the update item action to variable.

0 Kudos