cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
qta0867
Nintex Newbie

Can I Convert a completed Infopath form (.xml file) saved in a docLib to a .pdf using a workflow?

Let me start off by saying I am new and very green to both Sharepoint and Nintex. So I will apologize upfront if this question is a dumb one. I am a maintenance Supervisor and we have decided to create Team Sharepoint sites to help organize some routine functions and close communication gaps. I have created a form using Infopath that my techs fill out daily and then submit it to a Document Library on their Sharepoint site. I have the Form published to a Form library on the same site. When the tech submits his form it is saved in the Document Library as a Infopath .xml file. I saw in Nintex Workflow that their is an Action called Convert. I have been trying to figure out how or if I can make it take the .xml file and convert it to a .pdf file. If that is possible to do the next step would be to delete the original .xml file. What I am trying to accomplish is preventing someone from being able to open a completed form and making changes to it after it has been submitted and I can't find any other way to protect those .xml files. I'm not sure that a workflow can do what I am trying to do.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Brian Sheehan

I can try to attach the Infopath file if it is needed. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Can I Convert a completed Infopath form (.xml file) saved in a docLib to a .pdf using a workflow

Hi,
The Convert Document action uses Word Automation services to do the conversion.
According to Microsofts docuemntation about the service it appears that it does not handle infopath xml.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/developer/sharepoint-2010/ee558830(v=offic...)
0 Kudos