Help: SmartObject Host Server issue

• 31 October 2007
  • 6 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

Trying to create and/or use SmartObject(s). Following error occurs in DevEnv:

"Cannot connect to the Host Server. Please make sure the hostserver is running and that you can connect to it.
SourceCode.SmartObjects.Runtime.SmartObjectManagementServer Not Hosted!"

As far as I can see, K2 [bp] Server is running, IIS is running, etc.

Q1: Any knowledge base on this issue?

Q2: Is there any known checklist/process/{workflow} to go through to testa nd ensure that my server is configured properly for K2[bp] from a-to-z?

Thanks!

Scott

6 replies

Badge +10
Are there any other errors in the event log?  Can you start the service in console mode and look to see if there are any other messages the precede this?
Badge +2

Hi Chris. I went through the 5-day quickstart (a K2 Consultant onsite for 5 days) and learned very little. I have no idea what starting in console mode means, cannot find logs, and can't even open the Workspace. I believe my environment is a wipeout and may need ot be 100% reconfigured.

I naturally don't want to do this, thus the second question: How do I find out if I have the environment set up correctly. I appreciate any ideas or assistance.

Badge +10

Scott,

To start in console mode first stop the K2 service using services manager.  Next you will need to browse through your start menu to the k2 group and select K2 [blackpearl] Server.  You "may" want to right click on it and use the "Run As" feature but it is not required. 

A command window will pop up and go through a bunch of start up procedures.  Once finished you should be able to see any errors that occur in this command window.

With regards to finding out if it is setup correctly.  Usually its just a matter of trying various pieces of the product. Going into workspace, using the webdesigner etc.

Badge +2

Thanks, Chris.

Stopped K2. Ran Console.

• Tried to paste screen shot here, but that doesn't work. Tried to insert image, but that doesn't work, since it's local on my machine...

Essentially got a lot of "unable to enroll..." errors, stating that the specific components are not licensed.

Believe me, these components are licensed... ;)

?

Badge +9
I would recommend contacting K2 technical support on this one.  Trying to diagnose this type of issue over a thread could be difficult.
Badge +3
I had this problem, turned out to be a license issue.  I ran the Configuration Manager and accidentally entered the temporary license key instead of the permanent one.  Re-running CM with the right key fixed it.