cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Call web service - getting "Unexpected error occurred while making the request." - UPDATED

Jump to solution

Update: See my note at the bottom.

---

Hi!  I'm trying to use the Call Web Service action to call /NintexWorkflow/workflow.asmx, but when I click Refresh I get: "Unexpected error occurred while making the request."

When I take the URL and paste into a browser, I get the endpoint just fine:

So I'm thinking it must be an authentication issue?  My account is in the farm admin group, so I would think that would cover any permissions I need.

Frustratingly, I can't find any relevant entries in either the SharePoint ULS or IIS logs.

Anyone else run into this?

Update: I noted these two bugfixes in the April 22 2015 release - any chance they relate to this issue?

Corrected an issue with the Call Web Service via NTLM in multi-authentication(15977)

• Increased the connection timeout period for the Support Console(16558)
  • Corrected an error with the Call Web Service action 'Refresh' button(16891)

Update 2:  Just updated with the April 22 2015 release - we are now at version 2.4.3.0, and DB 2.0.2.5.  Error is still occurring.

Labels: (2)
4 Replies
espradli
Nintex Newbie

Re: Call web service - getting "Unexpected error occurred while making the request." - UPDATED

Jump to solution

You want to configure it like below and use the service account. Not your account! You need to type in your Web URL of the site you are putting this workflow on for calling a web service.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Call web service - getting "Unexpected error occurred while making the request." - UPDATED

Jump to solution

Thanks for that Emily - but here's what actually resolved the issue:

The Root Cert for the web app's SSL cert was not in the Manage Trusts list in CA.  Once I exported the root cert from the SSL cert in IIS, then imported that into the Manage Trusts list in CA, the error went away.

espradli
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Oh that's a complicated one. At least you figured it out

cmikhaiel
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

FYI, I got a similar problem and this article helped me fix it too. I used the powerShell to get those cert. and it worked.

Error: "Failed to invoke web service ... Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL-TLS secu... 

0 Kudos