cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Calendar event field "All Day Event" is missing

Jump to solution

As soon as I open up a calendar event form in Nintex the "All Day Event" field is missing.  And this is before I've even touched any fields.  Does anyone know where it went or how to get it back? - Thanks.

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Calendar event field "All Day Event" is missing

Jump to solution

Lara,

I believe that is a hidden field in based on the event content type.  This isn't an issue with the form, but the functionality of SharePoint.

What are you attempting to do with the field?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Eric,

I wasn't really trying to do anything with that field  in particular.  I just wanted it to remain there and not disappear -  It's a handy field for calendar events.  The main reason I started tweaking the SharePoint 2013 OOB calendar event form in Nintex in the first place was I was trying to set the 'Description' field to be visible to just a select audience but otherwise, wanted otherwise wanted everything else to remain as it was & visible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Lara,

Here's my experience with the All Day Event in Nintex development.

Environment: SharePoint 2010 - Workflow 2.3.10.0 - Forms - 1.6.0.0

• The All Day Event property for a calendar event is not displayed on a Nintex form
    • Description: "The All Day Event property is used in creating Calendar events."
    • This is because the All Day Event property is not a "Column" as defined by SharePoint
    • Workaround: Create a Yes/No checkbox and then update the current item in Nintex Workflow to change it to an all day event (Unfortunately this does not work when setting the Value to Yes - see next item)
  • Cannot update the All Day Event property to Yes using a Nintex Workflow ("Set field value" or "Update item" for current event)
    • This is related to the "All Day Event" content type column - it appears that Nintex does not fully support this feature
    • It does allow you to set the Value to No - only errors out when you attempt to set the Value to Yes
    • Also: The "Create item" control will allow you to create a calendar event with the All Day Event set to Yes (go figure)

End Result:  Because of this limitation I don't use Forms/Workflows for a calendar where I need to manage the All Day Event.  Go to Customer Feedback for Nintex and search for the all day event - it's been discussed.http://

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

In the case that you choose to create a new event based on the newly created "All Day Event?" column

(note the question mark, since SharePoint won't let you create duplicate column in this list)

This introduces a new problem...if the end user configures a recurring event; and you are using workflow to create a new event (from the original); how can you recreate the same recurrence pattern - since it also is not a column referable from the workflow?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Scott, I have not tried that specifically for creating a new event based off another one, but I assume you could copy the item and then modify some of the metadata. You care correct that reocurrence is not captured by the workflow action and is difficult to repeat.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Copying would be a good option - except the issue still remains that:

• A Nintex Form or Workflow cannot manipulate the "All Day Event" field

Since it was not created as an "All Day Event" and I cannot modify the "All Day Event" field/ setting on the calendar entry, the only option is to create a new calendar entry with all the existing fields.

Then when I create it new - I CAN set the "All Day Event" field, but now the issue of recurrence...which is not possible OOTB.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

What is the status of this? I want to use " All Day Event " Field as well. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

I found the following workaround:

• Create another Yes/No column named "All day" and add this column to the form
  • Create a workflow which should be executed each time an event is created or modified:
    • In this workflow, if the new column "All day" is checked:
      • Calculate event start and end date so that start date hours equal 00:00 and end date hours equal 23:59. Both start and end date calculated shoud be stored in a workflow variable ISO formatted
      • Then update current event to set SharePoint column "All Day Event" to Yes. To do that I performed the following REST API web request (you first need to get the request digest and list item entity type full name described in this article: https://community.nintex.com/community/build-your-own/blog/2015/04/24/how-to-execute-a-rest-api-requ...):
        • Url : {Common:WebURL}/_api/web/lists/getbytitle('{Common:ListName}')/items({ItemProperty:ID})
          • where {Common:WebURL} is "Web URL" in "Common" tab when inserting a reference ; {Common:ListName} is "List Name" in "Common" tab when inserting a reference ; {ItemProperty:ID} is "ID" in "Item Properties" tab when inserting a reference
        • Body : { '__metadata' : { 'type':'{WorkflowVariable:txtListItemEntityTypeFullName}' }, 'EventDate':'{WorkflowVariable:txtStartDateTimeISOFormatted}', 'EndDate':'{WorkflowVariable:txtEndDateTimeISOFormatted}', 'fAllDayEvent':'true' }
          • where {WorkflowVariable:txtListItemEntityTypeFullName} is a reference to a workflow variable containing the list item entity type full name of the current list, {WorkflowVariable:txtStartDateTimeISOFormatted} is a reference to a workflow variable containing event start date iso formatted and {WorkflowVariable:txtEndDateTimeISOFormatted} is a reference to a workflow variable containing event end date iso formatted
        • I noticed that when executing the web request without the event date, the query fails

Hope this will help someone

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I'm somewhat new to Nintex and can't get any of the All Day Event solutions to work.  I have tried using the Yes/No column creation, Create Item in the workflow, but none of it works.  One of our senior admins said that if I use a site workflow, I can see/use the All Day Event column...but he went thru it so quickly, and I don't understand how to apply a site workflow at the list level.  I know I'm mixing a few issue here and much of it is because of my inexperience. 

But can someone please help me???  Many of these solutions are several years old.  Has Nintex fixed this issue for 2020?  How can I add an All Day Event to a SharePoint calendar without having to write lines of code or use rest APIs????

Tags (2)
0 Kudos