cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calendar Workflow

Jump to solution

I have a calendar that I am trying to build a simple workflow for.  How do you start a workflow one day before the start date on a calendar item?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Calendar Workflow

Jump to solution

Hi Megan,

I recommend to create a site workflow for this requirement. You can schedule this site workflow to run every day and check all your calendar items. If the [current date] is [start date]-1 (use "calculate date" action) then do whatever your workflow should do for this one item.

To get access to your calendar items inside a site workflow you can use the "query list" action.

Regards

Philipp

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you!  How do I configure the output for the query list?  I'm also not familiar with how to set-up the calculate date action.  Would you be able to provide screen shots on how to set these two actions up?  Thank you SO MUCH for your help on this {seemingly} simple workflow!

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hi Megan,

for the output of the query list action you will probably need a variable of type "collection" as you query will most likely return more than one result. Something like this:

The calculate date action is quite simple. In the "Date" field you can either provide a specific date (manual or a variable) or just use the current date if you want to use the date of the workflow execution. Afterwards you can add/substract days from your input date and save it in a new date variable:

If you need help configuring these actions, I can highly recommend to have a look at the help. Just click on the blue help button in the ribbon of the actions configuration mask and you will see e. g. what kind of variable you can use for the output and a lot of other useful information.

Regards

Philipp

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

I have blogged a full site workflow solution here if you need any further assistance

View solution in original post