Could not load file or assembly 'SourceCode.Workflow.Client'

• 6 March 2009
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

I've build a little webapplication to start a workflow from a clean machine. When deployed i get the following error:

'Could not load file or assembly 'SourceCode.Workflow.Client', Version=4.0.0.0,........' or one of its dependencies'. I've got

the dll's that the compiler needs to create the application in the same location as the application. In this case 'SourceCode.Workflow.Client.dll,

SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.dll and SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.ServiceSDK.dll.

What am i missing here or what do i need to install further? The OS is Win2003 with all the latest updates/SP's installed.

Thanks

Marco

7 replies

Badge +3

This could be caused by .Net Framework 3.0 is not installed on the system, if .Net Framework 3 is availible on the system then icheck to see if the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) is installed, if it is not it is freely availible from microsoft(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en)

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Cheers

Piet

Badge +2

Hi PieterVR, thanks for the info. 

Framework 3 was already installed, the C++ 2008 redistributable i installed earlier but no results. Maybe i need to reboot the machine. Gonna check it out now.

Marco

Badge +2

The reboot didn't do the trick. I needed to install the K2.Blackpearl Server without configuring it to get my application to work. Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks Marco

Badge +1
Is the assembly in the GAC?
Badge +2
Not my assembly. Maybe there is a K2 assembly that needs to be in the GAC.
Badge +3

Hi Piet,

Many thanks for your post. One of colleague had the same issue. We resolved it by Installing "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package".

Credit goes to you :)

Cheers

Nadun

Badge +4

Read it and specially Step 7:

https://help.k2.com/onlinetraining/tutorials/default.htm#Resources/Projects/WorkflowRuntimeAPI/WorkflowClientAPI.htm

This issue is solved at my end

Previously I was the SourceCode.Workflow.Client.dll from server.

Image 1 is showing dlls available on my server machine

16598i19BADFED47B5C91C.png

Dlls from server machine aer not working but when I copied the dll from my local machine then it worked as I had installed client tools of K2 on my machine. The date of the dll is not changed on my machine but it is changed on server machine by K2 server.