InfoPath Form Web Service Data Source Access Denied?

• 15 September 2006
  • 3 replies

Badge +4
I am working on a K2 project using InfoPath and SharedPoint. I publish a newer version of InfoPath form to the SharedPoint libray, rebind K2 to the new form, re-export K2 process.

When I open the form and go to preview mode, the web services work well. But when I open the form from the SharedPoint library link, the web services stop working. The error message is as following:

The query cannot be run for the following DataObject:
Web Service Name
InfoPath cannot run the specified query.
Access is denied

If it can be run in the InfoPath Preview Mode but throws this error, might it be SharedPoint permission issues?

This is very frustrating.

Thanks
coenw

3 replies

Badge +9
Yo Coen

Firstly make sure that your site is added to Trusted Sites
Secondly set the Custom Level to Low

Tip: in IE you have to select Low and hit the reset button :)

Let me know if this works for you!
Badge +4
Hi Renier,

I changed the IE settings as described.

The error message "The query cannot be run for the following DataObject:
Web Service Name
Access is denied " disappeared.

But now the web service does not seem to be invoked. Because I tracked the database connection(called from within the web service) in SQL profiler, but there was no connection from the web service. The link to the form from SharePoint is like this:
http://stagingservr/home/soandso/forms/soandso.xsn

But if I open the form locally from the design folder, then everything is working.

I think it is a permission issue. Somehow when access from the SharePoint link, the web service access is denied.

thanks
conew
Badge +4
Hi Renier,

I changed the IE settings as described.

The error message "The query cannot be run for the following DataObject:
Web Service Name
Access is denied " disappeared.

But now the web service does not seem to be invoked. Because I tracked the database connection(called from within the web service) in SQL profiler, but there was no connection from the web service. The link to the form from SharePoint is like this:
http://stagingservr/home/soandso/forms/soandso.xsn

But if I open the form locally from the design folder, then everything is working.

I think it is a permission issue. Somehow when access from the SharePoint link, the web service access is denied.

thanks
conew