Filters based on Selected Input Only

• 17 April 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

I'm new to K2 and need you people’s help on my below task

I need to implement the filters in my Report which uses Process Instance Smart Object.

I do not want to use the View setting default filter as it does not provide form design flexibility. I have attached my Report screenshot for better understanding.

When I enter input to filter controls and search do not fetch any record as its check for all the condition i.e. searched for blank folio blank workflow etc. if I do not enter any value. 

My requirement is to add the filter to search only in case I enter any value in the input text box or calendar control.

If I input Folio and date then it should filter data based on Folio and date range provided i.e. all input filter should work independently

If anyone has implemented similar task or any ide then kindly help me out.

Thank you in advance

Ranjan

14130iAA900BE5F375F2F4.jpg

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Dear,

let's assume you have a search button:

When search button is clicked

If advanced condition is true, Configure as the following:

(txtboxFoliois NOT empty OR ((calendarFromDt is NOT empty) AND (calendarToDt is NOT empty)) OR txtboxWorkflow is NOT empty).

List method, Confgure filter as the following:

go to filter tab then advanced filter.

(((Process name = txtboxWorkflow)OR(txtboxWorkflowname is empty) )AND ((Folio = txtboxFolio)OR(txtboxFoliois empty))
AND (((Finish date Greater Than Equals calendarFromDt) AND (Finish Date Less Than Equals calendarToDt))
OR ((calendarFromDt date is empty)AND(calendarToDt is empty)))).

Wish it helps

Badge +1

Thanks a lot Mustafa.

The solution provided by you is working with little modification

The expression was throwing error due to compare between Value and Property so had to change the Control Is empty part to Text property of txtFolio and txtWorkflow and Calender control equals to empty sting ( a simple space char)

Regards

Ranjan