Tasks on My Site (SharePoint 2013) - compatible with workflow tasks?

• 13 September 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +16

We haven't as yet included the Tasks element of the My Site in SharePoint 2013.  It looks pretty powerful stuff and I was wondering if anyone knew if workflow tasks would be included in the same view?  Has anyone used it with any success? 

Thanks in advance

5 replies

Badge +16

an image I nicked off the internet to show what I mean...

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

My instinct would be yes, as this is using Search, so provided your task list is searchable and the tasks are assigned to you, then I would expect them to be included. If they aren't by default, then check your content sources crawl your task list successfully.

In fact, I checked the default Workflow Tasks list and the settings are set to exclude the list from the search, so definitely check that setting.

Badge +16

Cheers Ry - trying to put together a case for us turning this on and showing how useful it would be and the workflow tasks definitely tips that balance!  Couldn't find much on it on the web.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

OK, I can't confirm this for Nintex, but it definitely is the case for OOTB SharePoint Workflow. I went and configured it because this is definitely something my current guys would like.

Works with workflow tasks from SharePoint workflows so I'd put very good money on it working for Nintex.

I guess the caveat is, that the task MUST be assigned to the individual for Search to pick it up, I don't believe it'll work if a task is assigned to a group, so when assigning a task to a group you'd want the workflow to create inidividual tasks for each assignee.

Badge +16

Thank you :) I am well excited now haha.