cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Calculated Value shows 0 on Edit

I have a repeater with multiple values that get added together outside the repeater in a calculated value control. This works fine. 

When editing an item that was already created, the calculated value shows zero. In order to show the correct value, I have to force it to recalculate by changing a number or adding an additional row to the repeater(which adds zero the current total).

How can I get around this? If I set the "calculate on edit" to no, it just doesn't update at all. If I set it to yes, it starts off at 0 and I have to force it to calculate by making a change.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Calculated Value shows 0 on Edit

Can you please share the formula for your Calculated Control, and some configuration information about the controls it is targeting. 

Are the controls inside of the Repeating Section that it is going to target to add together Single Line Text controls formatted to Numeric Values? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Sure!

So the formula for the CV control is simply: sum(cvItemTotal) 

The name of the CV it's getting the sum of is, of course, cvItemTotal.

cvItemTotal is just a multiplication of two single line text boxes, txtPriceEach and txtQty.

It works fine when submitting a New item. The only problem is when you open an existing item to edit it, the CV shows 0 and you have to force it to recalculate by changing a value in the repeater.

Also, I just realized I have a completely different list/form doing the same thing. 0's when you load the edit form page.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Just a thought, but does your calculated column have a default value?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

It does not.

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Does nobody else have this issue? It seems like a pretty straightforward thing, I'm not sure how I have an issue with the edit page showing 0 and nobody else has. There's not many spots for me to go wrong here lol.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

can you replicate the issue on a test form, or export and upload your Form's XML here so that we can replicate it in our environments? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Yea, absolutely. I have it happening in two different forms on different sites and lists. I'll do an additional test today. Where should I upload the the form to so you guys can access it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

do you use a javascript to set control values that might directly or indirectly influence formula calculation?

have you checked developer console for errors reported?

is this problem related to the one you have risen in the past here -  

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Use the advanced editor when replying. There is an attach feature at the bottom of the post.