Workflow actions based on a condition

• 29 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I am very new to Nintex, working on my second workflow and I've hit a wall in the best way to begin my workflow. On my initial Nintex form the user will select a report type and based on the report type selected they are assigned a series of tasks with other forms to complete, and once completed, sent to a manager for approval. My only issue is how do I begin my workflow. My initial thought was to create a variable and set a condition based on that variable, but my colleague believes Parallels will give us the desired outcome. I'm at a loss. Any ideas on this or any other workflow actions I should consider is greatly appreciated. 

3 replies

Badge +8

The issue with parallels is the you need to be able to test for a condition or increment a counter to know when all tasks are complete. That would allow all tasks to go out at the same time.

Badge +4

Taneeka,

Parallel actions is just that. things happening in parallel. You could do this in several different ways. I generally like to use the "SWITCH" action for this. If your Report type was a variable, you can set up condition under SWITCH to run difefrent actions based on the value. 

211174_pastedImage_1.png

Alternatively you could also use Run IF or SET CONDITION like you initally planned.

Badge +1

Prasanna,

Thank you for the advice. I've researched more about the Switch action and I believe this could actually help me get the desired outcome. I am going to test and report back.