Need help understanding different types of workflows and how they can be accessed

• 10 October 2016
  • 0 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Symptoms

I have workflows that I have created which I cannot seem to find. I am using K2 for SharePoint, and I receive an error for some of them that they must be opened from the SharePoint List.

I cannot find some of them in the Workspace Management console under workflow server either.

Diagnoses

Workflows created within K2 for SharePoint act differently than those created within Designer. When you open a Form from K2 for SharePoint, it is actually opening up Designer, and not K2 for SharePoint. This led to some confusion about the different behavior the customer was seeing.

Resolution

I gave an explanation of how these workflows will behave.

#1. Workflow created from the SharePoint Artifacts Page
-This can only be opened from the list or library it was created in.
-Automatically tries to add the Solution Designer groups into Workflow permissions.

#2. Clicking on a Smartform to pull up Designer and opening a workflow.
-This workflow is considered to be created from within Designer, with no references to the SharePoint list. That's why this can be edited from Designer.

Interestingly, the Workflow Server will create 2 different Categories, although both workflows are in the same K2 Designer Category. This also led to confusion about where the workflows were located. However, we found the correct workflow category and were able to start a workflow.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!