Multiple Emails

Badge +4

I have not made any changes to my workflows in months; however, now any time a workflow generates an email notification, 17 emails are being sent.  This behavior began on 3/27.  I have several sites and this behavior is occurring on each site.  I have reviewed the SharePoint/Nintex settings under Central Administration and nothing appears out of the ordinary.  However, temper that statement with the fact that I am not a very experienced SharePoint Administrator.

What could possibly be happening?  Any guidance and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In the Send Notification action in the workflow in question, who is in the To field? Is it a variable, is it a field value, is it a field value that allows multiples, is it a value that is an alias, does it map back to a user or group in AD, has anything in AD changed for the value used?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I know this is an extremely old post but just wanted to comment that I was having the same issue -- I found another post with a similar issue, and someone suggested re-creating the notification. I did that, tested it, and the issue was gone.

Not sure what causes this in the first place, but at least there is a fairly simple resolution!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

and if it doesn't work, try adding a pause beforehand. that works on another multiple email issue i had.