How to allow user to view submitted worklist items?

• 12 June 2013
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I need to set up a way for users to retrieve and view worklist items that they have submitted for approval.

For example, user A fills in a form in Activity A and then submits it. This move the process to Activity B, pending user B's approval of the submitted form. How can I allow user A to view (but not take action on) the form?

3 replies

Badge +8

I would take a slightly different approach to this. Instead of viewing the Worklist item and not being able to action it (something that requires a bit of effort), I would rather just have a dedicated read-only view for items. You will create a "pseudo worklist", really just a list that contains items submitted by the logged on user. When they click on the relevant item, it loads a read-only version of the form along with some additional status related info, like current activity, maybe current approver and any comments associated with the request. The same data, just repurposed.

Badge +1

That is interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.

Looking at the K2 web parts, would "My Processes" be a good choice, or is there a better way?

Badge +8

The My Processes web part gives you the K2 Reports. However, Business data does not get surfaced in this, only Workflow data. Hence the need to create a page that shows that.

You can potentially create a similar web part that surfaces the relevant business data for you. Have a look at the following samples, these might be able to give you a head start:

http://www.k2underground.com/groups/default.aspx?GroupID=58