Solved

Calculate a Project's Total Time

Badge +5

I am working in a Nintex O365 Responsive Form. I want to calculate the Total Time for Project based on the Time Spent Per Task. The calculations for Time Spent Per Task are in a repeating section. I have a calculated value control for Time Spent Per Task. The formula is Minutes/60 + Hours. How can I get a grand total for all the Time Spent Per Task entries to appear in the Total Time for Project control?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by bamaeric 20 July 2018, 00:35

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Marnita. Make sure that the "Total Time for Project" control is a Calculated Value control and not positioned inside the repeating section.  Set the formula for the "Total Time for Project" control to sum(ControlName) where ControlName is the name of your "Time Spent Per Task" control in the repeating section. That should sum up all the values of the "Time Spent Per Task" fields in the repeating section for a grand total.

Nintex O365 Responsive Form - Calc Repeating Section Field

Nintex O365 Responsive Form - Calc Repeating Section Field Grand Total

Badge +5

Thanks for the reply. It is working.

I tried marking this as a correct answer, but I’m not finding the proper links on the discussion to do this.

Badge +4

Hi Eric Rhodes,

This should work the same way in a classic form, right? I am doing the same thing, but the calculated control outside the repeating section only updates with the first row. Subsequent row additions are not being reflected in the calculated control's total. 

Thanks!

Brian

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Brian Gullett‌,

This should work exactly the same way in Classic forms for Nintex Forms for O365.  One thing to make sure is that the "Total Time for Project" calculated control is outside of the repeating section.  I've also seen deleting and redoing the field or the formula helps.  Feel free to post screenshots and your form if you're still having trouble.

Badge +4

Thanks Eric, I know I've done this before, but this one is just not cooperating. I've got this single line of text control under "Total Line Price", named Data3, which I had set to currency and I also tried it as decimal. Outside of the repeating section, I added in the calculated control called "calc_total" that I want to use instead of making people add those up and enter the total in the current control next to "Total PO Price". 

repeating section

Here is the configuration of Data3

config of first control

Here is the configuration of calc_total

config of second control

In the previewer, I am seeing this behavior, the calculated control puts the first amount in there, but any additional lines aren't added. I did find one way to make it add up is by deleting an additonal row, but nothing else seems to trigger it.

preview

So far, I tried recreating that calculated control and changing the types from currency to decimal and string. Any other thoughts on this are much appreciated!

Thanks!

Brian

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Brian Gullett‌,

Thanks for the information. Your configurations look correct. I just tried it with the same settings in your screen shots and it worked for me. Make sure that the Data3 control is actually in the repeating section.

It looks like your using Nintex Forms for SharePoint 2013?  If so, which build are you on? You can get that by going to the Help section in the Ribbon and selection "About Nintex Forms".

Badge +4

I just deleted and recreated the Data3 control to make sure, but same behavior persists. It's strange that it will calculate if I delete a row. Here is the Version: 2.11.0.1

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I checked against the Nintex Forms 2013 - Release Notes and there were some bugs fixed related to the Calculated Value and Sum control function by newer builds. These could be related to what you're seeing.

• Build 2.11.2.20 - Fixed an issue where the Sum function may not calculate on New and Edit mode (00184821).
  • Build 2.11.1.0 - Fixed an issue where the Calculated Value control Sum function may not calculate correctly (00187034, 188130, 00189661).

Best next step might be to update Nintex Forms or open a ticket with Nintex Support.

Badge +4

Ahh, good call. Thanks!

Did you resolve the issue with an update?

We are using Sharepoint 2016 with Nintex Forms 2016 Version 4.3.0.1 and I still encouter this issue with classic forms.

I tried the same setup with a responsive form and it works fine, but in the classic form it just only updates after a row delete.