cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

CSV Data throwing error: Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type.

Hi All,

I am trying to READ a csv file and put the data in a custom list.

When I tried with all columns with Single line of TEXT, it works fine. However, when I try a text like 123-1 as primary key, the item is getting created for first row, however the error throws: "Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type.".

And the control is not going to the next row. What could be the reason, am i missing something here ?

Labels: (2)
3 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: CSV Data throwing error: Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type.

What is the action with the error?

Not applicable

Re: CSV Data throwing error: Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type.

When I tried today with another CSV file it works. I observed that while saving the file from excel to CSV, i get 2 options. Is it a catch to save the CSV action properly?

@ Fernando, sorry i didn't get your query. Are you asking the activity action in Nintex? I am creating items at the moment on another list. But it is strange that the workflow runs smoothly for one time, after creaing the first item, it throws the error.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Sounds like something is being parsed and stored into a data type that isn't compatible.  Text fields are very forgiving so you will hardly ever see an error when using them.  The moment you start using a date or number or some other more restrictive field in your list you have to make sure the data you are parsing is the exact type/value that it expects.   Log out the values you are parsing and make sure that when you place them into the field they are in an acceptable format.

Thanks,

Mike