Format a Choice Box with Commas

Badge +5

I am using Nintex 365, App Version NFO 1..2.3.0 .

I am working with a Choice control. I enter my two Choice options as Answer, Choice 1 and Answer, Choice 2. However, when I save this, I get four choices (Answer, Choice 1, Answer, Choice 2) rather than two.

How can I format this so I only have two options? Thank you.

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey there, Marnita! Are you adjusting the options for the choice control within the "Control Settings" on the form? Are you going to be putting the selected value into a list column, or rather, is there a list column associated here?

Badge +5

I am entering my options through the Control Settings on the form. There is a column associated with this control. I appreciate your help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Can you use a -  (dash or some similar character, maybe even semicolon) instead of a comma ?   Answer - Choice 1 

Comma is used to separate values in a choice so it thinks you have 4 different options instead of 2.

Thanks,
Mike

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

In the Control setting, if you've associated it with a control, the "Connected to" field should be your column. Then, the control will just pull in whatever options you've configured in the list settings. In the list settings, you can use commas since the delimiter it looks for is a new line, not a comma. Does this resolve your issue?

Badge +5

Yes, thank you for your help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Great, would you please mark an answer as correct to make it easier for later folks in similar situations to get answers?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Any suggestions on how to work around this if the control is not connected to a column?

In my case I need one of my choices to read "Approach, Car Park and Front of House".

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Ryan, does escaping with a work for you per this thread?

https://community.nintex.com/message/48825-re-commas-in-form-field-list-values?commentID=48825#comment-48825 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Nice try but doesn't seem to work. Maybe a O365 variance?

Approach, Car Park and Front of House,Front of Store and Promotional Impact returns

Approach

Car Park and Front of House

Front of Store and Promotional Impact

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi

Only option i've found is to not have comma's. I would suggest raising with Nintex Support to see if they have a workaround

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hmm, what if you put the whole string in quotes? Also, is there no way to connect this to a column so you can make the changes there? Or even use a different character like a hyphen or semicolon?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Cheers Paul, I'll try telling that to our Marketing team. Lol