Subprocess embedded into main process

• 26 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi, I have seen a few demo videos of a sub-process that expands within the main process instead of being linked. There is a expand button on the bottom right corner. It can be toggled on or off to expand or contact the sub-process. Does anyone know how to do this?

4 replies

This is simply a linked Process.  When the linked Process is published the arrow (expand button) will show on the linked Process in the map view and you will be able to expand this Process into the Map view. 

There is a setting in Configuration that needs to be enabled for this to work with expanded view.

Select Viewing Options, toggle Enable process merge for normal users to On.

Badge

I have the Viewing Options, toggle Enable process merge for normal users to On but when I link a process it still does not expand...it brings me to the new process that is linked.  Does anyone know why this would be?  

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I have the Viewing Options, toggle Enable process merge for normal users to On but when I link a process it still does not expand...it brings me to the new process that is linked.  Does anyone know why this would be?  

That’s strange, enabling this setting should be all you need to be able to expand linked processes as far as I’m aware.  The only place I’ve found the expand button isn’t available is when adding linked processes to the process overview of a group which would be a useful feature when viewing E2E processes.