cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Bug: Can't Change Workflow Start Conditions

I have a nintex wf with start when item is created condition set to 'conditional'.

Then i change it to 'yes' and publish, then open again ... but this setting rolled back to 'conditional'. Stange thing is that if i change anything else inside wf is saves ok.

I tried to set it to 'no', but it still 'conditional' after next reopening.

How to change it? Any workaround this bug?

BTW 'Conditional' setting makes wf extremely fragile. About 30 % of wfs fail at start. I would strongly recommend to start wf, and then set conditions inside wf instead.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Bug: Can't Change Workflow Start Conditions

I also have had more reliable results when setting the condition using a Filter action in the workflow when needing conditional start on doc libraries. Mostly this is due to the SharePoint saves documents, it creates the file then updates the metadata and a timing mismatch is possible.

But the issue with the switching of settings is new to me. What SharePoint version and Nintex build do you have? Is it up to date?

Not applicable

SharePoint 2013

Nintex Workflow 2013 (3.0.8.0) - International

Just found out that any start up conditions can not be changed, like 'Start manually', 'Start when created', 'Start when changed'. Have not a single idea where to dig )

Automation Master
Automation Master

That's interesting, I don't have that effect in my workflows. I can change the the behavior from manual to created and back again without issue.

Automation Master
Automation Master

And me...

papancsev
Nintex Newbie

I have the same issue with Nintex 2013, cant change start status back to "No" from "Conditional"!

Automation Master
Automation Master

Can you update to the current version? There have been many updates since. It looks like you are on a 2014 version.