Merging ActivityData for different slots into ProcessData

• 18 November 2005
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1
I would like to refer to the topic http://forum.k2workflow.com/viewtopic.php?t=797 which desrcibes also my problem.

I would like to generate several slots for an activity with a InfoPath form. Each user who recieves a task may put in his/her decission and comments on a InfoPath form - two text fields in a repeating group on a form. I would like to collect all the data after all the slots are completed and on the another InfoPath view present them in a repeating table.

Presently, after the succeeding is finished, process data include only activity data from the last submited destination.

Could someone give precise guidelines how to resolve this problem? Does it need to modify code for CopyActInstDataToProcData procedure in an activity succeeding rule?

3 replies

Badge +9
Hi,

I make the following assumptions:
- My InfoPath document contains a repeating section that looks similar to the following sample

<Comments>
<comment>
<User></User>
<Result></Result>
<Comment></Comment>
</comment>
</Comments>

- My process contains a XML Field that matches the repeating section in the InfoPath document

Step 1: Add a Server Event after the InfoPath client event.
Step 2: Open the code window, copy the comments made by User 1 from the InfoPath document to the Process XML

Sub Main(K2 as ServerEventContext)

Dim SourceField as Object
Dim TargetField as Object

SourceField = SourceCode.K2Utilities.XMLFieldMod.GetXMLValue(K2.ActivityInstanceDestination.XmlFields("InfoPathDocument").Value,"Comments/comment")

TargetField = SourceField

If K2.ProcessInstance.XmlFields("TempXML").Value = "" then
If K2.ProcessInstance.XmlFields("TempXML").MetaData <> "" then
K2.ProcessInstance.XmlFields("TempXML").Value = K2.ProcessInstance.XmlFields("TempXML").MetaData
End If
End If
K2.ProcessInstance.XmlFields("TempXML").Value = SourceCode.K2Utilities.XMLFieldMod.SetXMLValue(K2.ProcessInstance.XmlFields("TempXML").Value, "Comments", TargetField)

K2.Synchronous = True

End Sub

Step 3: In the next Activity, copy the repeating process XML to the InfoPath document stored on process level
Step 4: Test the process

Please Note: I have not tested the code sample, so you might need to play a little bit with XPaths used :D
Badge +8
icon-quote.gifRénier:
Hi,

I make the following assumptions:
- My InfoPath document contains a repeating section that looks similar to the following sample

<Comments>
<comment>
<User></User>
<Result></Result>
<Comment></Comment>
</comment>
</Comments>

- My process contains a XML Field that matches the repeating section in the InfoPath document

Is this the process XML that has been created by the infopath event, or an XML field that you have created in the process?

icon-quote.gifRénier:

Step 1: Add a Server Event after the InfoPath client event.
Step 2: Open the code window, copy the comments made by User 1 from the InfoPath document to the Process XML

Sub Main(K2 as ServerEventContext)

Dim SourceField as Object
Dim TargetField as Object

SourceField = SourceCode.K2Utilities.XMLFieldMod.GetXMLValue(K2.ActivityInstanceDestination.XmlFields("InfoPathDocument").Value,"Comments/comment")

TargetField = SourceField

If K2.ProcessInstance.XmlFields("TempXML").Value = "" then
If K2.ProcessInstance.XmlFields("TempXML").MetaData <> "" then
K2.ProcessInstance.XmlFields("TempXML").Value = K2.ProcessInstance.XmlFields("TempXML").MetaData
End If
End If
K2.ProcessInstance.XmlFields("TempXML").Value = SourceCode.K2Utilities.XMLFieldMod.SetXMLValue(K2.ProcessInstance.XmlFields("TempXML").Value, "Comments", TargetField)

K2.Synchronous = True

End Sub

Step 3: In the next Activity, copy the repeating process XML to the InfoPath document stored on process level
Step 4: Test the process

Is the next activity an Infopath activity? If it is, when the activity is opened isn't the infopath form stored on the activity instance, and won't it overwrite the changes to the process level infopath?
Badge +5

I am trying to do the same thing. I can get results from multple users or get the process to loop through a repeating node but not both .

Did the code work?