error in publishing workflow

Badge +5

hello , i have been working on wrokflow for a while , it workf fine. 

i update some fonctionnalites, and tiried to publish the workflow ,but i always receive this

and the workflow doesnot publish any new actions . 

it refuse to publish the Workflow if i add a new action to it , !!!!

this is the error : 

soap: ServerThe server could not process the request. ---> Error while publishing the workflow: Application error.

i tried this : 

Perform an IISRESET as the assembly files may be using a cached version.

If the behavior persists after completing the above, perform the Workflow Activation step again.

1. Navigate to: Central Administration > Nintex Workflow Management > Web application activation
  2. Select "All content web applications", and then select "Activate".

but no way !!!!!!!!!!!error message

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you likely hit a limit of workflow size that sharepoint is able to process/compile.

you will need to remove few actions or split workflow to several parts.

see few of documents on the topic

Nintex Workflow Size Limitation 

Workflow performance improvement and load reduction 

Badge +5

the size of my nlf is 2566KO , and when i check ! publish without validation ( in the configuration of the workflow ) , the workflow will be published , but when publish with validation is uncheked the workflow is not published.

My workflow has no error because when i divided into to sepreated wkordFlow it will be published . 

so is there a way that a workFlow call another workFlow , so i can divide mine . 

Badge +9

You might have also reached the maximum number of actions that can be used in a workflow if you have a subscription model. I understand that for subscriptions you can create a workflow for up to 120 actions per workflow:  

what sharepoint version are you using? and what is your license looking like?

Badge +9

Yes, you can use "start workflow" action and configure it to start another sub-workflow. 

Badge +5

well i reached the 150 action or even more , but how can resolve mine now , any idea ? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

definitely!

for most of the cases you should be able to manage it with start workflow action

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2013/help/#Workflow/RootCategory/Actions/Nintex.Workflow.StartWorkflowAction.htm%3FT… 

for more complex cases you might directly call Workflow.asmx web service

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/sdks/sdk2013/#Reference/SOAP/NW_REF_SOAP_StartWorkflow.htm%3FTocPath%3DNintex%2520Software… 

Badge +9

as @Marian just mentioned; 

you can take out some actions, group them on a new workflow then call the new workflow using the web service or the start workflow actions. That's if you still have some allowance to create new workflows (assuming your env. got a subscription model license with still some unused workflows or you have an enterprise version with unlimited number of workflows.)  

Badge +5

The solution was to divie my work flow into 4 other workFlows , and in my main i call the others , now it works , but there is something weird , i cant find the workflows in list's columns , so i can add the column(workflow column) to the view.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have you enabled respective option in workflow settings?

212184_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +5

yes it is already checked!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

try to: uncheck the option - publish wf - check the option - publish wf

Badge +5

yes Marian , you are right . thank you 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

great!

if you got it working, please select correct answer.