New Forms Designer - no buttons anymore?

• 26 August 2019
  • 2 replies

There seems to be no way to add more buttons to forms in the new designer. I used these a lot in the classic designer to forward forms from one department to another. We have a lot of lists that collect information from different departments, and so far I used buttons connected to a status field that I used in workflow to decide what to do next.

In the new designer, I can't even distinguish between save and submit. So what do I do if I started to fill out a form, but am not ready yet to send it off?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
The New Responsive forms are in its infancy and is still being rapidly developed.
The following blog post lists the current limitations and advises that Save as Draft functionality is coming in the future.
https://community.nintex.com/t5/Responsive-Forms-AP/Current-limitations/m-p/89047#M326

Good morning,

ok, that's a start. But what do I do if I want to let the user decide between two or three options what to do next? That was very easy with the return value we had with the old buttons. And I could hide buttons depending on the current status of the document. All I can think of now is a choice field based on a second list and filtered accordingly. Possible, but way more complicated.