cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Attachments required

Jump to solution

I want to make attachments a required field for the user, but there is no sort of validation for the Attachment control.

I tried using the solution in this (http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-forms-attachment-required.aspx) but even in the test form, after attaching something, the Nintex form does not accept the attachment.

How do I attach a file and make sure it goes through? And how do I make the attachments a required field?

Is there a possible rule or any other possible solution to solve this?

Labels: (2)
8 Replies
vadim_tabakman
Nintex Newbie

Re: Attachments required

Jump to solution

Hi Haryanti,

scroll down on that post to a comment from "SJNBham".  They have some updated JS that seems to work for them.  Try that out.

cheers,

Vadim

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hey Vadim, thank you for the reply.

I tried the JS from SJNBham but my form is still not saving/submitting. Some people on the comment section are also facing the same problem which is not being able to save even after attaching a file. How did you do it? Are we missing some codes or is it not possible to fix?

As seen in the screenshots that I took using the new JS (the results are the same as the one you provided)

I even tried to tweak some things (by adding validation rule to the attachment portion so that the attachment field would be the one highlighted to the user) but the problem is still the saving.

Any idea how to workaround this?

Best regards

Haryanti

0 Kudos
mislaila
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

HI,

Any update on this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Izyan,

No, unfortunately still no luck on it!

0 Kudos
vadim_tabakman
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

The latest release of Nintex Forms allows you set a minimum number of Attachments on a form.  This make my original post irrelevant as it is now easily configurable in the Form itself.

I hope this helps.

cheers,

Vadim

0 Kudos
Warwick
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Possible Answer...

https://community.nintex.com/message/4838#4838

How did you add the Validation rule to the attachments? it still doesn't have a custom validation setting

If you could help me back with my question on the page linked above that would be great! thanks.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Which version and is it Standard or Enterprise? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
makesense
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Better Solution: 

0 Kudos