Client Event

Badge +1

I was wondering for a Client Event is this only setup to recieve the Action from an email or is it possible to set this to recieve an action from a list property such as "Completed".   It has been requested for me to try to see if there is a way to do such a Task setup or if we are stuck with returning the action using only the Email.   I have a feeling this is only good on receiving the action from the email.

Any ideas or help would be great.

This does need to be setup as a task.

Thanks,

3 replies

Badge +10

Email notifications is good, but if for some reason did not check email... a couple things you can do:

1) Create a For that have a list of the records sorted by [ Maybe ID Desc ] this way you can see the most recent at the top. within this form drop an Item view at the bottom and put a rule on list item click to retrieve the data for that particular item view passing the ID as reference.

This way you can provide users ability to query the status of the Items regardless of the Status in a Workflow.

2) If is relevant to put the status of the current Workflows running... put a Worklist item and render 

Mustafa got a post talking about this.

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Is-it-possible-to-Include-the-ViewFlow-within-a-Tab-in-a-View/m-p/84277#M25515

Hope this helps.

Badge +1

K2CaveMen -  From what I am gathering of what you suggest, it looks like you are incorporating SmartForms as part of the solution?  We do not yet have Smartforms, so was looking to see if possible just using K2 Solutions workflow process?   Also, you said that Email notification is good... what did you mean by this?   I know email notification will work, but need to see if there is another way to setup Client Event to accept Metadata tagging from a list item.  In other words trying to see if the user will not need to go back to the email and just mark a list item complete and then the task will continue vs. using email to continue the task.   Hope this is enough information to go on.

Thanks,

Badge +1

I was able to get an aswer from K2:

A Client Event waits for action from the following sources: - Form action supplied by the default blue Task Action header - Form action supplied by custom control (configured in the Action Settings section of the Client Event) - Worklist App Part / Worklist control action - Email reply SmartAction keywords - API call Your assumptions are correct; the event needs to be explicitly supplied with an action in some context. If the 'Status' field in your example is changed via a SmartForm, you can hook an 'Action a Worklist Item' rule along with it. But in order to wait until a SharePoint column changes outside of SmartForms would require some sort of looping functionality or a SharePoint-specific event listener, which is not what the Client Event is designed to do. Related Documentation: http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/UserGuide/current/webframe.html#Generic_Wizards_-_Configure_Actions_.html

Definetly makes sense!