cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zik500
Nintex Newbie

Attachement in repeating section

My objective: Create a SharePoint List page with Nintex forms for each training item. Included in this form:

Training Title/Description/Due date

User Name - Repeating table pulled from a data connection to a SharePoint list with "User Names".

A PDF attachment for their certificate of completion.

EXAMPLE:    Blow your nose today.     Due Date 08-23-2013

Name           Attachment 
Joe Smith      XZX.PDF
Bill Smith     YYY.PDF
Jack Smith     ZXZ.PDF

I am able to create the repeating table list of names from the 'user names' List. But, I cannot figure out a way to attach a file to each name individually. I add a file and it populates the entire list.

Joe Smith      AAA.PDF 
Bill Smith     AAA.PDF
Jack Smith     AAA.PDF

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance!

Labels: (3)
18 Replies
alexjolynintex
Nintex Newbie

Re: Attachement in repeating section

Hello Zak,

Attaching an attachment on an item of a repeating section is sadly not yet available . And the actual behavior is the one you are facing today!This feature is planned for later this year. We don't have a release date cause nothing is yet confirmed.

You will have to find a workaround on this.

Alex

0 Kudos
zik500
Nintex Newbie

Hello Alex,

Do you have any idea  to workaround this problem or example.

Zak

0 Kudos
alexjolynintex
Nintex Newbie

What about downloading piece on the form itself and linking them in the repeating section using a link field?

I know that it's less interactive but if you want to store it in the repeating section, you will have to use supported fields!

Alex

0 Kudos
leif_frederikse
Nintex Newbie

Hi Alexandra,

Seeing that the feature would be available "later this year" was indeed good news to me. I think it didn't quite make it in 2015 - what are the etsimate on getting this feature?

Regards

Leif

mmatsako
Nintex Newbie

Just had a customer request for this functionality as well

rszabo
Nintex Newbie

We had the same issue.Our solution was to develop a custom file upload control in which we can upload 1 file / control and the name of the file is saved into a text column. It works fine for us.

cju
Nintex Newbie

Highlighted
kmorry19
Nintex Newbie

Hey Szabó Róbert

Can you please explain more around your solution? Sounds like what i'm looking for!

Thanks!

Kimberley

0 Kudos
rszabo
Nintex Newbie

Unfortunately I can't really share technical details on the solution, since it's company secret. High level it's a not too fancy upload control which moves the file from the task to the List item attachments on Submit and saves the filename in a text field.

Small but handy solution. Developed by Dániel Baranyi

0 Kudos