Method not found: '!!0[] System.Array.Empty()'

• 15 December 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

I'm trying to edit a Workflow which I have been editing today but now I get the error below. The parser can't find the Empty method for an Array. The 4.6 .net framework adds an Empty method to Array, which the previous frameworks didn't have. Is it possible that the compiler has used 4.6 for the compilation but when I go back to edit it, the parser is using the 4.0 framework? Any other thoughts about this error?

Parser Error

Server Error in '/Designer/Workflow' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Method not found: '!!0[] System.Array.Empty()'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Assembly Name="SourceCode.WebDesigner.WebForms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=16a2c5aaaa1b130d" %>Line 2:  <%@ Page Language="C#" EnableSessionState="True" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="Default" UICulture="Auto" Culture="Auto"%> 
Line 3:

Source File: /designer/Workflow/WebDesigner.aspx    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34248

1 reply

Badge +9

Nigel

Are you using 4.6.11? If not then the issue could be because you are using the .NET 4.6 framework, as this is only supported as of 4.6.11. You can check here for more information:

http://help.k2.com/blackpearl/support-matrix#NET

Ian