K2 for Sharepoint Error

• 18 September 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Hi ,

I got the following error while trying to configure K2 for Sharepoint

I clicked on Activate All K2 Features and K2 Configuration Settings

Error is :
This page contains one or more errors. Fix the following before continuing:•The selected SharePoint 2013 site collection is not supported with this version of K2.

I  am completely new to K2-Sharepoint integration.

Env : K2 Blackpearl 4.6.9

Thanks,

Satya

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

this wizard should only be used for the deployment and activation of K2 features to a Sharepoint 2010 environment or site collection in your Sharepoint 2013 that is running in "Sharepoint 2010 Mode".

If you want to use pure Sharepoint 2013 integration, Check the following document: 
http://help.k2.com/helppages/K2ForSharePointGettingStarted1.0/default.htm

Badge +6

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks for replying.

I had a discussion with K2 Suppoert. What they told was to remove K2 for SP 2013 in 2010 mode component and reinstall K2 for Sharepoint componet.

I did so but I am stuck in the step where K2forSP setup manager pings the Share point APP domain

I created a domain as corp.xxx.com (thru DNS Manager)

Created a app prefix as K2APP (thru Configure APP URLs in SP Central Admin -> APPs)

WHat I am seeing in the log file generated by K2Setup Manager is that it is trying to ping K2APP-K2Test.corp.xxx.com. No idea from where K2Test is getting appended from

Also I tried pinging K2APP.corp.dvn.com but it is not working

piniging corp.dvn.com works though

Am I missing something here ?

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards,

Satya

Badge +6

this is the content of the configuration script file

Add-PsSnapin Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell; function run($installerMode) { $error.Clear(); $result = new-object psobject $spAppDomain = Get-SPAppDomain -ErrorAction stop $spAppSiteSubscriptionName = Get-SPAppSiteSubscriptionName -ErrorAction stop $appDomainTestSite = $spAppSiteSubscriptionName+'-K2Test.'+$spAppDomain if($spAppDomain -eq $null -or $spAppSiteSubscriptionName -eq $null) { $result | add-member noteproperty Service $null; } else { $pingResult = Test-Connection $appDomainTestSite -Count 1 -ErrorAction stop $result | add-member noteproperty Service $pingResult; } $result | add-member noteproperty Error $error; if($installerMode) { return $result; } else { $result | Format-List | Out-Host; Write-host "Script Location:" $PSScriptRoot Read-Host; } } run($true);

No idea from where K2Test is getting appended from !!!

Thanks and Regards,

Satya

Badge +6

Hi ,

I resolved the issue and deployed the K2 APP .

But adding the APP in a site collection gives error .

Technical details of the error gives only a corelation ID.

How to debug the issue ?

Thanks,

Satya

Badge +6

Hello everyone,

Can anyone guide me here please ?

I have already raised a upport ticket for this but K2 support is yet to come back .

Thanks and Regards,

Satya

Badge +10

Hi Satya

I find its useful to first see if your SharePoint App Catalog is configured correctly. 

See if you can download a free app from the SharePoint Store, (e.g "Sticky Notes" )and then add it to a SharePoint site and make sure it works.  If you're unable to do that then you can troubleshoot SharePoint APP catalog configuration instead of K2. 

Regards,

Tim