For lookup control: need to pull in values from remote list as per a filtered list view there. How?

• 18 December 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

I have a look up control in 'List A' that points to 'List B.' List B has a checkbox field called 'Active.' I only want items from List B to appear in the look-up control in List A IF their 'Active' box is checked. How can I do this in Nintex Forms? In another vendor's solution, one of the preference settings for such a cascading lookup situation was to select which list view in List B should supply values. So, I would create an 'Active' listview which would only display items where the 'Active' box is checked. This worked nicely. I haven't found anything similar in Nintex.

In the future, some of these values may become inactive, but we would want past items in List A to still retain such inactive values in the lookup control. Therefore, we cannot delete such items.

To put a spin on it, this lookup control would first be filtered by a preceding Lookup control based on another field in list B as supplied by List C. I already have this working. But, I need to introduce the 'Active' checkbox portion, too.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In the list view control for ListB, did you specify the View Name in the control settings in order to filter the list items by Active only?

Badge +4

I assume you mean 'Source View', right? Does the desired list view URL (relative or absolute?) go there? When I select the 'Insert Reference' icon, nothing in the available choices seem appropriate.

SourceViewField.png

I've reviewed online help but can't find any specifics with regard to completing this field in the correct way to obtain the desired filtered list view values. Sorry...I'm a bit of a noob, here. blush.png

=======UPDATE========

I just reviewed this article List Lookup Filtering enhancement​, and it seems to indicate that all I do is manually enter the name of the desired list view, such as 'Active.' Correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That's correct, you would add the View name in this field.

Badge +4

Thanks...and now the only issue on my side to to upgrade the current version which allows that to work correctly.