Updating dates when a date is present

• 17 October 2017
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hello all, I have a form library that queries a list containing project information, in the request, one of the date fields is ProjectStatusDate which is read only, when the user wants to change this date they enter a date in UpdateProjectStatusDate field and submit. The problem is if the UpdateProjectStatusDate field is left blank the existing data is overwritten to nothing (none of the update fields are required). In SharePoint designer I used the NotEquals operator, so if there was not a date entered then it did not update It only updated when a different date was entered. How can I get this to work in Nintex? I tried storing the new date in a variable and then using Run If the variable IsNotEmpty. I checked the date formats in the primary list and secondary list and the variable to make sure they match. I just want to prevent the update of the existing date when the new date is blank.

thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have a look on this discussion for some ideas how to check date field/variable for emptiness

How to check for an empty date field? 

‌  ‌ date variable‌ date  field‌

Badge +3

Thank you, I was using list lookup and a variable when all I needed was to reference the item using "If any value equals value" and the logic of IsNotEmpty and NotEquals the other date. Thanks for steering me to the right post.