cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Approve nintex workflow from shared mail box?

Jump to solution

I have a nintex workflow setup for approval process that goes to a shared mail box. When the users of the shared mail box click on the link to approve, they get a message like "You are not authorized to respond to this task". Kindly advise.

Note: They however able to open the workflow history link and are able to click on Respond to this task. That works fine. But approval link in mail notification is not working.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Approve nintex workflow from shared mail box?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Are you sure that the link to approve is opening the same form as when they do it directly from the workflow history?

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

This is the click here to respond link:

/_layouts/NintexWorkflow/ApproveReject.aspx?List=ccb65ec4%2Dc98e%2D4d53%2D958d%2Ddfbae3333a75&ID=3161&Web=282cca42%2D79c6%2D418c%2Db45d%2D15d3c8a939b2

This is the workflow history link:

/_layouts/NintexWorkflow/preview.aspx?ListId=9de2b279-368d-4e2f-8b81-31fdb470c795&ItemId=90&WorkflowId=169122aa-67b2-410b-8584-626a737afafe&InstanceId=0cfdf215-7386-43d4-bc18-e17a9a28be8f

Sorry I dont know whether they are same. Can you tell from this?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Christophe

I have checked the approval link from the workflows and hyperlink received in the mail notification. I confirm they are same.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi,

So I believe, you have checked with someone having access in both cases?

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Chris

Everyone using the shared mail box are getting this error. However they can go to the workflows in the site and approve from there.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Rajesh,

I wonder if you added a sharepoint group with the sole occupant being the shared mailbox account, whether adding that sharepoint group to the task assignee would work? It sounds like the users that share the mailbox have the correct ownership of the task if they can action it from the workflow history.

Also maybe try coping the link out of the email and directly pasting it into a browser window. It seems strange that you say the link is the same in both the email and the workflow history. If that is the case it almost sounds like the clicking of the link in the email is opening the task under different credentials.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Mark

The concept here is that users do not want their own mail box to spammed with notification mails. So thats why they brought in shared mailbox to the picture. In the assignees field I have the shared mail id alone. No other group is present along with this mail id.

I am going to give it a try. Copy the link from mail and paste it into browser. Lets see what happens

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Rajesh,

I also found this article, which sound a bit familiar:

outlook - Using additional email inboxes for Sharepoint Workflow approvals - Stack Overflow

This might be another avenue to explore.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Mark

In my case I have given approve and contribute access to the shared mail id both at the site level and root site. But no luck.

0 Kudos