Can you use a multi line field within a repeating section ?

• 20 April 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

I am adding a repeating section on a HR appraisal form and within the repeating section I need to have several different types of fields. For example a date, a single line text field and a multi line text field.  When publishing the form to test the repeating section I can see all the other fields repeat every time you add an entry into that section apart from the multi line field. This jumps each section, as shown below.

I need to know whether this is the behaviour of the multi line field.

5 replies

Badge +9

No problems with multi line textbox control within a repeating section here (Nintex Forms 2013 Version: 2.4.1.0).

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Make sure the Multi Line text box is using plan text and not Rich Text. I believe that officially the supported controls in a repeating section reads as:

Yes/No

Calculated Value

Choice

Date/ Time

Label

Rich Text

Hyperlink

Border

Panel

Repeating Section

Single line text

Multi line textbox (without rich text formatting in edit mode)

People

Lookup (without filtering)

Badge +4

Thank you for the replies above.

I am using a plain text multi line field but the behaviour is still the same. The field jumps every time you add a new row.

Here is a screen shot of another test form I am working on with fake data showing you what's happening

70732_pastedImage_0.png

As you can see the address and phone is a multi line field which is multiple lines of PLAIN text but everytime I add a new row the field jumps. Where as the other fields are behaving correctly.

Any help would be great.

Badge +9

It looks like the multi line textbox control is not embedded in the repeating section control. When You click within the repeating section control is the multi line textbox selected?

In the example below it is not selected because it lies under the repeating section control. So the behavior is the same then in Your case.

Cut the control, select the repeating section control and paste the multi line textbox.

Kind regards

Manfred

Badge +4

Thank you Manfred Lauer, its working now how I want it too.

Thanks again, I am a newbie to the world of nintex and forms so probably be putting up a lot of questions here in the near future.

Thank you again.