Access Denied, then granted

• 16 January 2006
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
When a non-admin user tries to submit an InfoPath form to a published process, they initially get Access Denied. If I then submit the same form as a K2 Administrator, it works, and then all non-admin users can submit successfully.

Although it seems to work fine after this, I am a bit concerned about its stability. What is happening here?

I have K2 installed on a server separate from the SQL Server.

2 replies

Badge +8
I think that this issue is related to insufficient permissions on 'C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322Temporary ASP.NET Files' and 'C:WINDOWSTemp' directories. Try to give 'Authenticated Users' read and write permissions on these directories.

The reasoning behind this is that when the web service that starts the K2 process from InfoPath is called it looks in these directories for the K2ROM.dll. If the file is not there then it must be copied into the temporary folder. If the user that the web service is impersonating does not have read/write permissions to these folders you will get an access denied error.

However if a user with rights to the folders starts a process all subsequent users will not need write access becase the dll will still be in the folders. These temporary folders are cleaned up from time to time so users without write access will most likely run into the problem again.

Eric
Badge +1
Great tip. Thanks. You nailed it.