cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IngridOe
Nintex Newbie

Approval workflow

I built different workflows for holidy planning. One approval workflow approval request and one for cancellation. Every thing works fine so far as the approver works slowly. But if he works quickly and he

approves both workflows (same employee, different dates) within a minute, one of them fails. I don't know how to head off this problem.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Approval workflow

I suggest adding a pause action at the start of the second workflow.

0 Kudos
IngridOe
Nintex Newbie

Thank your for this quick answer. I'll try it and will tell you the result.
0 Kudos
IngridOe
Nintex Newbie

Unfortunately it doesn' t work in some cases. It's because we don't know, which WF starts first and how long it will take.

0 Kudos
Lucky
Nintex Newbie

This is becasue both the workflows trying to update the same record. Try using Commit pending Changes action after any of your update actions in both the workflows.

0 Kudos
IngridOe
Nintex Newbie

Sorry for answering a little late. But the problem isn't solved und I'll try to explain more  reduces. (Sorry for my english)

No, it isn' t the same record. It is the same person but another date. A person probably starts 2 workflows for approval. For example holiday fom 01. - 09.09. und unother free day the 01.10. .

And probably another one canecelling the 10.10.  So his supervisor reseaves 3 approval workflows.

He edits all of them within several minutes in any order. one or to of them will fale. The autorizations are the same on all elements.

0 Kudos