cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Approval workflow erroring out on some users: The user to assign the task to has resolved as blank text.

Nintex Workflow 2007

I have a workflow that's been working fine for a long time now, and recently we just started getting reports that a few users are getting expense voucher errors.

When I go look at the workflow, it shows error: The user to assign the task to has resolved as blank text.

I checked to make sure this user had a Manager listed, and they did. I also verified that our of the 3 users, one of them had a different manager, so it wasn't related to the same manager.

I then added that same manager to my ADUC account, and I too got the error. I'm not sure what could be causing this? It works fine with all overs. I also did a full directory sync of AD as well.

Thoughts?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Approval workflow erroring out on some users: The user to assign the task to has resolved as blank text.

you haven't expressed it explicitly, but do you assign the task directly  to {Common:Manager} reference?

if so, then I would check as well that the reference is correctly resolved within the workflow.

one thing is that you have configured manager property in AD and the other whether it is correctly resolved within workflow

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Approval workflow erroring out on some users: The user to assign the task to has resolved as blank text.

Let me try to answer this correctly, as I am new to our this SharePoint environment and to Nintex workflows.

{Common: Manager} should reference the Manager field property in AD. 

Let me search how to check to see if the {Common: Manager} resolves their managers name. I take from your question is that it should see that it resolves?

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

placec 'log in history list' action into workflow and configure it to write {Common:Manager} reference to the log.

check the log to see how does the reference resolves.