Solved

Approval Workflow

• 16 September 2014
  • 11 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I have an approval workflow wherein I take input from the user through a nintex form. In a Flexi Task I have given the URL for the item wherein the approver can open and view the details and I have also given the Approval URL for the user to Approve/Reject the item. 

So, is it possible to display the approve and reject buttons on the nintex form itself (from where the input was taken) rather than giving the URL to the user? Also, is it possible to provide a task in the SharePoint list itself such that the approver doesn't need to go his mail box to approve the task. He can go the item in the list itself and Approve / Reject the item. 

Thanking you in advance. 

Regards,

Shyam

icon

Best answer by burkslm 16 September 2014, 12:24

View original

11 replies

Badge +11

If you go to the item in the SharePoint list and click on the arrow that brings up the menu, you need to click on View Workflow History. There it should provide a link 'Respond To Task'. That will bring up the same approval screen that appears when you click on the link in the email.

Badge +3

Sorry, I couldn't find the link when I opened the View Workflow History. Also, is it possible to get the approval URL in a variable because it is available only in the Assign Flexi Task (In common section) and I'm not able to store the value in a variable.

Also, is it possible to construct the Approval URL using Build String? What all parameters are involved in the Approval URL like Web ID, List ID etc.

Thanks,

Shyam

Badge +11

Yes it is. Approval URL is available just like the rest of hte fields. Use a 'Set Variable' action. Create a workflow variable. Use the 'Workflow Context' while in the 'Set Variable' action. Then select the Approval URL.

Example:

Test

Equals Workflow Context  Approval URL

Badge +3

Hi Lisa,

It is not available in the drop-down. PFB the image for details.

Untitled.png

Badge +11

Hey! Something I thought of that I'm not sure will work but you can try it out. In the Log History when you do Insert Reference the text looks like this:

{Common:Project}. Try replacing Property with ApproverURL. See if you can backdoor it.

Badge +3

Hi Lisa,

I tried replacing the Property but it does not take the URL instead it prints the text : {Common:Approval URL} .

Thanks,

Shyam

Badge +11

Oh ok. I give up then. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Badge +3

Nope I did not get a solution to it.

Regards,

Shyam

Badge +3

Thank you so much.

Will definitely try to implement this.

Thanks,

Shyam

Badge +3

Looking for a solution to this without using JS.  I'm using responsive forms onprem, so I can't use custom JS.  Because the Task ID isn't set until after the assignee takes action, it can't be used.  I want to store the ApprovalUrl in a column for the list (not the workflow task list, but the actual list).  This way; I can put it on the list form - directing the assignee to the approval form (if they happen to navigate via the site, rather than clicking the link in the email).

Muchas gracias, me funcionó!