Solution For Out Of Office Delegation

• 16 February 2017
  • 9 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +5

Hi Everyone

Does Nintex have a solution for the following scenario?

- You have a document workflow that goes to multiple sequential approvers.

- On one of the Request Approval actions, the approver is now out of the office but perhaps was not when the workflow started.

- At this point he/she cannot delegate the task because they are out of the office.

- The workflow is "stuck" with that approver until they get back in the office.

From an admin standpoint is there any way to delegate that Request Approval action to someone else?

Best Regards,

Andy

9 replies

Badge +16

Yes a site owner should be able to delegate tasks - see my blog post

Badge +5

Thanks Cassy!

The only problem I see with the delegation is there is no restriction on who you can delegate the approval request to.  Right now I have a document library with a column that the user can set the approvers to feed the workflow.  This column is restricted to a particular group of approvers.  When you click on the delegate link in the approval request it allows anyone to be specified as the delegate (and not from a particular group).  Any thoughts?  happy.png

Also when you delegate to someone else, do they automatically get an approval request in an email like the set approver did?

Andy

Badge +16

Yes this is true! But only site owners are able to do this (and sometimes the assignee themselves) so you would "hope" they would know who they can and cannot delegate these tasks to?!

i believe (but can't check right now) when you set delegation up in the flexi task action you can specify who it goes to.

Badge +5

Can I lock it down so that only the site owner can delegate an approval request and not the person approving?

Badge +16

Yep!  So if you don't select allow delegation on the task then the assignee cannot delegate BUT the site owner still can happy.png

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Besides of the delegation by the site owner you should also teach your users to set up personal task delegation when they know they're out of office by using the gear menu's task delegation option:

199606_pastedImage_1.png

While this of course will not help in case of unplanned out of office time but if people go on vacation and such stuff it's the best choice to keep processes running.

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +16

‌ good shout!  This is covered in my blog post as well as how to do this for them in unexpected absences.

Badge +1

I do not want to add "Site Owners" to the "Site Collection Administrators" (which is given from site settings > site collection administrators". I have a SP group called "Site Owners" with full access and users in this group unable to delegate a task and receiving "Your are not authorized to respond to this task" when clicking on a task. The "Site Owners" group has full access to the task list.

Badge +4
where's your blog post Cassy?