access denied error i am getting

• 13 April 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hi all,

in my workflow abnormally getting error below one was the error:

The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information and outcome was acess denied

Can you please suggest asap.

Thanks,

Jagadeeswar Reddy.

2 replies

Badge +9

Hi Jagadeeswar,

Where does the error in the workflow actually occur? Is it when an item is being updated? If a field is being updated try using a "commit pending changes" action and typically that helps.

Badge +4

Hi Jagadeeswar,

To isolate the possibility of user permissions being an issue, try putting your actions into an action set and set the action set to run as the workflow owner. You can alternatively try increasing user permissions of those who are initiating the workflow.

If that doesn't work, try disabling parts of your workflow until you narrow it down to just one or two actions that are having errors. You can then troubleshoot the one or two actions to make sure they have the correct data types. It could also be that a value needs to be added in a different way (e.g. assigned to a workflow variable and committed before it's inserted into a field). In other words, if the dynamic value is straight from the list item itself, try first assigning the list item value to a variable and using the "Commit pending changes" action, and then finally use the variable value. It could be that read/writes on the list item are happening at the same time and are creating a conflict.

How to set the action set to run as workflow owner:

"This option can be enabled by editing an action, go to common settings and then enable “Run as workflow owner”. This option is not available in all actions so to use it in actions where it is not available please drop an action set action in the workflow, enable this setting and then drop the actions you want to use, in my case I was using state machine workflow and then was using set field value."

Source:

Nintex Workflow 2010 – The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require…

If none of this works I'd contact Nintex technical support.