Escalations and Managerial Events

• 28 March 2008
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I have a workflow with a client activity that contains 2 escalations. The first escalation is a 'redirect' action to 'user 2' and my second is an 'email' action to 'user 3'.
The problem I am experiencing is on the first escalation where I wish to route the worklist item to 'user 2' after a certain amount of time. It seems to re-route fine, but I receive the original email received by 'user 1' AND a second email. This second email is not the email that is intended for 'user 3' but appears to have come from the 'Management Events' section of the workspace.

What are the management events and how can I only received one or other of these emails messages?

Many thanks,

Kevin.

5 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

That sounds like you are getting an Event Bus notification - so check in the Notification Events in Workspace look under the Management Events folder for the events that are configured for your activity. You can delete the notifications from there if you do not want to receive them.

HTH,

Badge +4

Thank you for your reply Gerhard,

I have opened the workspace and taken the following steps - Notification Events - Workflow Notifications - Management Events. Here I can see the event I wish to delete, bit there doesn't seem to be an option to delete it, anywhere. There is an option to 'edit' if I right click, but no delete.

Regards,

Kevin.

Badge +4

Would anyone know how I could prevent these management event emails from firing on redirect as I only want to receive the 1 email.

Regards,

Kevin.

Badge +6

Hi Kevin,

The UI for deletion is not very intuitive in this case, so what you have to do is click on the containing folder of the event notification (in this case Management Events) and it will then show a list of the events in the right hand pane. On the very far right of this list there will be a little drop down arrow that you can click and this is where you will find the delete option. I think the delete was found on the right-click menu before, but somehow got lost somewhere..

Cheers,

Badge +4

Gerhard,

Ah, I see where you mean now.

Hoorah! Thank you very much.

Regards,

Kevin.