Custom notification on escalation

• 1 April 2008
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi there,

I wish to create a custom notification through the workspace, but attach this notification to only 1 of the 2 escalations in my activity. At the moment the custom notification is attached to the OnEscalationRuleStarted and there is sent twice, when I only actually wish to send it on the 2nd escalation.

Would anyone know if there is a way to achieve this?

Many thanks,

Kevin.

4 replies

Badge +6

Hi Kevin,

I don't know if it's possible to do what you want and I have not tried it my self, but as a work around, would it not be possible to create a 3rd escallation on your activity that has exactly the same escallation date/time as the second one, but send the notification email out?

Cheers,

Badge +4

Hi Gerhard,

Sorry, I don't think I explained myself too well.

My 2nd escalation is an email escalation, but I don't seem to be able to format this email as I wish (ie including an image as a banner). I know I can format the custom notifications the way I want, which is why I was asking about linking escalations directly to custom notifications.

Just to clarify, my setup is thus:

Escalation 1 - Redirect. This redirects the first email in the same format, to the 2nd user for approval.

Escalation 2 - Email. This allows me to email the 3rd user to inform them of a stuck approval, however, formatting this email is a problem as I can't include a banner.

If I could create a custom notification within the workspace and link this notification to the 2nd escalation somehow, that would be perfect. Problem is, the only way I can see to link it to any part of the escalation, is on escalation started/completed. This unfortunately sends the email destined for the 3rd user, to both the 2nd and the 3rd users.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for your reply,

Kevin.

Badge +8

Hi Kevin,

Actually, you can include HTML in a MailEvent mail body (thus I suppose you can do so for escalations, as the mail designer is the same).

I struggled with this all the past week but now I can include all the code I want. My "secret" is to have all the HTML code on one single line (remove all the carriage returns, so that you have all your tags one after another) and copy / paste the HTML from a basic text editor (otherwise it will include formatting) to the MailEvent mail content "designer".

In order to clarify, if you have the following code (very basic, I know)

<html>

<body>

<p><span>Hello World!</span></p>

</body>

</html>

Format it as

<html><body><p><span>Hello World!</span></p></body></html>

Open it with Notepad, copy it, and paste it in the event wizard.

Badge +4

Nicolas,

You beauty! You're "secret" has worked a treat.
Thank you, that answer has just saved me a lot of headaches.

Regards,

Kevin.