Cannot Send an E-mail to the "Assigned To" User

• 14 October 2010
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I am using K-2 BlackPoint Studio with SharePoint 2007.  I have created a workflow for a task list and I want to use K-2 to send an e-mail to a the user who is currently assigned to the task, that is, the user who's name appears in the "Assigned To" field.  How can I best do this?

6 replies

Badge +2

Create a mail event and for the to: section, open the Context Menu Browser.  Select the Workflow Context Browser menu and open Process Instance.  Drill down to Originator and then select Email.  That will populate the field with the originator's e-mail address for the process instance.

Badge +2

Thanks for your reply.  When I follow your advice the e-mail is always sent to me (the person who makes the change to the Assigned To - I am the process originator).  What I need it to do is send the e-mail to the person I put in the Assigned To filed of the task, I am reassigning the task.  Can you help with this issue?

Badge +3

Hi,

This is currently not posible as K2 does not expose those fields.

Cheers

Pieter

Badge +2

Hey Pieter,

That's incredible and disappointing all at the same time.  I am redoing a workflow I did in SharePoint Designer, and in SPD, that action is not only possible, but easy - two clicks and your there!

Are you certain of this?

Thanks!

Tom

Badge +6

please have a look at this post: http://k2underground.com/blogs/rambleon/archive/2011/01/13/send-email-to-a-list-of-logins.aspx

it explains how to send an email to a list of users which we only have the login (and not the email). I think this can help you to be sorted out.

HTH

Badge +6

In the email event, you could try opening the context browser for the To field, go to the Workflow Context browser tab, expand the Activity Destination Instance node, and select the Email field from the User. This may do what you want to do, but I can't promise anything cause I have used it before, but the naming does suggest it does do what you want it to.