cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Allow user to start site workflow only once.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using nintex site workflow to  create item into a SP list . When user clicks on Start button, it initiate the workflow.

My requirement is , if user has created the items into the list , they should not be able to click the button or button should be disabled after site workflow started.

I followed the steps mentioned at Nintex Forms - Starting a Workflow and Waiting - Vadim Tabakman , however as soon as start workflow form loads , the start button is re-enabled.

Any other way to achieve it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Azra

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Allow user to start site workflow only once.

Jump to solution

Hi ‌,

If I'm not mistaken there is no direct way to do this. Maybe the following workaround would do for you:

• Create a simple list with a Person column to keep track of the users who already started the site workflow.
  • Have the workflow check if the current user's name is in this list.
  • If it does, you could email the user and end the workflow. Here you also could use a Nintex Form when starting the workflow which does the check and hide or show the Start workflow button....
  • If not, add the user to the list and complete the remainder of the workflow.

I used the option with the workflow start Nintex Form to inform users not in a specific SharePoint group that they are not allowed to start the workflow. They only see the Cancel button, while authorized users also see the Start button.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Thanks Jean, it did the trick.

I created a list to track user starting the workflow, and customised same list's form to use it as "Start workflow" form.

then on my custom page , I inserted Nintex form ( new mode) , and that's it.

Every time, workflow is started it inserts the username into the list, and on form if user name already exists in the list , start workflow button is disabled.

Thank you so much for your help!

Regards,

Azra

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

You're welcome ‌,

It's my pleasure to have been of help to you.

Kind regards,

Jean-Pierre

0 Kudos