cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Alert Email on SharePoint calendar recurring event

Hello Friends,

I want to create a Nintex workflow that would send out emails to users from Attendees column for the recurring calendar event and I'm assuming this should be done via a site workflow.

Could anyone assist me on the same?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Alert Email on SharePoint calendar recurring event

Hi Chandra,

Are you using workspaces in SharePoint 2010?  Or did you create a custom field for the attendees?

I agree with you on using the site workflow to do this.  Usually if you want to pick up a list of users from a field you can use the Regular expression action to split it into separate line items, i.e.

But you will probably have to see what the data looks like when you right the Attendees to the variable first.

Let me know if you need more information

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Francois Crousthank you for the reply. Yes, I'm using the default Attendees column. The main challenge is the how the system recognizes the Start date of the recurring event.

Right now I'm stuck with Query List action as I don't know how to initiate it on the start date. Could you help me with that?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

We use this workflow to evaluate calendar events and determine if they occur on today's date or not.  You should be able to modify the CAML query with the ID for your calendar and add the field(s) you need to pull the attendees into the workflow. 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply