The Production environment was backed up and those backups were used to create a new instance of the Development environment.
Everything else related to SharePoint and Nintex appears fine, user defined actions were exported and imported, etc. However, when I attempt to export a workflow from Production and then import it into a workflow in Development all the workflow actions disappear. It appears to leave a blank workflow in its place.
This happens with importing to new, or existing workflows. However, exporting a workflow from the Dev environment and importing it into a new or existing workflow in Dev works.
No errors appear or anything, just the empty workflow.
Both environments are running;
Nintex Workflow 2010 (220.127.116.11) - English
Any idea what may be the cause of this?
Just got through testing of this.
It appears to work for other workflows. It may be related to this one specific workflow...
Based on talks with the user who was doing the work, he said he was trying to export and import into dev because the latest version didn't appear to be in Dev after the migration/refresh. Would a workflow version be reverted to a previous published version if it was corrupted or had issues?
The workflow does use User Defined Actions too. However, my test of exporting from Prod with one UDA and importing to DEV worked. So I'm trying to test more extensively to see if it may be a particular UDA....
In case the latest version workflow got corrupted, you can select the previous version through Open command on workflow page.
There you can select the workflow and appropriate version. Publish the selected version/ export it and try to use it.
I appreciate the answer, but I have already tried this and the result is the same. Version does not appear to matter.
I've gone and exported a new workflow with all custom UDAs and it imports fine. However, it may still be UDA related. I started removing states from the workflow and exporting it and once I got down to 2 states with no UDAs it finally caused a correlation error to occur. Appears that it may be related to a missing list or library.... going to look into that now.
This exact thing happened to me today. Migrating a workflow/list through Dev, QA, and Prod when the Workflow all of a sudden went blank within Production. Other workflows from other lists that I exported from either Dev or QA were working as expected within the list in Prod.
I did the process of elimination, but realistically that may not work if your workflow is extremely large. I started to notice that actions that had forms were starting to present itself as the problem. User actions that used the Nintex Forms seem to be the problem.
I deactivated the Site Collection Feature that controls the Nintex Forms and then reactivated. This solved my problem and I was able to import without problems.
The name of the Site Collection Feature is called "Nintex Forms for Nintex Workflows".