Issue with \Context Item Display Name\" in Task notification"

• 25 April 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

L.S.,

Has it already been reported that the default "Context Item Display Name" in a Task notification email is no longer working properly in Nintex Workflow 2013 v3.2.2.10 ? It does have the proper link but the display name is no longer replaced with the Context Item Display Name common property value/Item title. As a workaround one can replace it with a new Link using both Context Item properties though.

KR,

Jean-Pierre

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I reported this as a but to Nintex.  I have to run to a meeting, but when I get back I'll post the case number.  They confirmed it was a bug.  I have the same version Nintex that you have.  I have to build my link before the Task now, then insert it as a variable into the Task.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Ok, here are the details.  I reported the issue on February 6th, 2017.  Case number: 00139406 Subject: Flex Task Notification Doesn't Display Item Name after being edited.  It was reported as a bug and sent to the developers on the 13th.  Haven't heard anything since then.  I'm going to send a follow up email.

Badge +1

hello, i have the similler problem.. wondering if you have heard back from them yet. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Hi Prasad,

This morning I heard from a colleague here at work that a new Nintex Workflow update/fix package has been released which resolves this and other issues. See the release notes:

https://community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-1153-nintex-workflow-2013-release-notes

Bug Fixes - The following issues are corrected

• Corrected the display of question marks in the name of a managed holiday in Russian site settings (44511)
  • Corrected the license attributions notice for react JS in NW2016 (54857)
  • Corrected the loss of the Workflow Description when Publishing a Workflow (55736, 61256)
  • Corrected the loss of workflow conditions when a workflow is published and reopened (58666)
  • Corrected the failure to start on item modification of a Reuseable Workflow when associated with a Content Type (59273)
  • Rectified the multiple addition of line breaks when editing the source HTML in Send Notification (59600)
  • Corrected an issue when using a variable in the reftext in a hyperlink (61258)
  • Corrected the ability to view workflow history of a workflow created with a Site Collection Reusable Workflow (61723)
  • Corrected a issue with the hyperlink in Send notification reverting to the column name of the reference (61726)
  • Corrected the Task Description field for Assign a Task action not showing rich text formatting (61997)
  • Corrected a translation error in Create Appointment in German sites (62003)
  • Corrected the Context item display name not resolving the item name when the task emails are sent to the assignee (62006)
  • Corrected the unwanted rounding of numbers in document generation for MS Word and PowerPoint - correct in Excel(62202)
  • Corrected the missing or incorrect labels in Administration reports (62216, 62217)
  • Corrected an issue with the Send Notification email body that changes when Edit HTML dialog is opened and closed(62254)
  • Corrected an issue with conditional start configured for a change from previous value(62256)
  • Corrected and issue with the Export to Excel reporting webpart only exporting data from the current site and not other sites(62536)
  • Corrected an issue with Enterprise reports not sorting properly and excel export is not working for all sites (62590)
  • Corrected the splitting of results when exporting to Excel using the Nintex Workflow reporting web part on large content databases(62599)
  • Corrected an issue with Administration reports missing internal resource data(62631)
Badge +1

Thank you very much for the reply! Can you help me to understand if we can install this new update on August 2016 SP 2013 CU?