Calculate Date Using Business Days

• 15 March 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Other community members have asked questions similar to this, but I couldn't find an answer for my situation - so I'm sorry if this is somewhat redundant.

For some background, I'm building a Nintex Workflow 2013 on a SharePoint 2013 site. I don't own Nintex for Office 365 or any developer software.

My workflow uses a lot of user interaction-based actions, mostly to-do tasks and reviews. I need a way to calculate due dates based on business days for each task and review action. Each task and review action has a different due date (i.e. 2 business days for the 1st review, 5 business days for the 2nd task), which is where the difficulty lies.

I've downloaded and tried to use the following user defined action (UDA) that was created for this problem: http://www.dox42.com/Modules/Workflow-Utils Unfortunately, the workflow runs through the action just fine, but when I look at my active tasks and reviews, the due date column is blank! Let me know if you've worked with this particular UDA before and know how to fix it. happy.png

If you know how to create an inline function or user defined action, or if you have any other idea how to tackle this problem, I'd LOVE to hear it. I've spent way more time than I'd like to admit trying to fix this problem, and I'm pretty much at wit's end.

(I've already voted on this measure (https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/229405-1-nintex-workflow-for-sharepoint/suggestions/6301144-inline-function-or-action-to-calculate-business-da), so hopefully that gets implemented soon.)

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there:

The link posted here looks like it may have some useful UDAs to solve this. I've  not tried it myself yet, so, take this advice with a grain of salt.

Let me know if it works out for you. I may try this myself tomorrow.

Cheers,

Rhia

Badge +1

Hi Rhia,

Thanks for the comment! That's actually the very same post where I found the UDA that I tried. I just reached out to the creator of that UDA to see if he or she could help me out, so I'll let you know if I get a response. happy.png

Thanks,

Jessica

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Ah! Alright then - good luck to you! Let us know how it goes.

Badge +6

Hi Jessica ,

You can try using a Site WorkFlow and Schedule it as per your frequency to run. Nintex Site WorkFlows can date calculations with an option to either add or skip business days.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi,

This is not the neatest solution but it is fairly simple to implement.

https://community.nintex.com/message/37811?commentID=37811#comment-37811 

It's the dependency on Excel Services and and a spreadsheet that I don't like, but if you're comfortable with that and you tuck your spreadsheet away and make it read only to all users, you should be good.

Badge +1

Just to let you and anyone who reads this know, I did get a response from the creators of that UDA. They do let you download it for free, but they unfortunately don't offer any support for it.

Badge +1

A great suggestion! But unfortunately Query Excel Services is not available for use on my SharePoint site collection. Do you know if that is something I need to contact the farm owner to approve? Or is it just not available on workflows built on SharePoint sites?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Your farm admin should be able to make this work for you. Excel services is one of the core services in SharePoint.