error Executing Active Directory SmartObject

• 21 December 2009
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

When i tried to search a particular user information from Active Directory Smart Object  AD User(default smartobject) getuserdetails(smart object method )  by using my  .net appplication  The user  which i trying to search  doesnot exists in the Active Directory  so it is throughing and error  so please help me to find the problem

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Can you perhaps provide more detail on the error that you are receiving? What happens when you try searching for the user by using the SmartObject tester? You can find the tool in the {INSTALLDIR]ServiceBroker SmartObject service Tester.exe

Vernon

Badge +1

Yes I Executed  with smartobject tester only

please try the following steps to get the error

execute  Smartobject AD User(default smartobject) for Active Directory under that getuserdetails(Method To Execute )   Give an Invalid Username

which doesnot exists in the Active Directory it is throughing an error so how could i  resolve that error

please help me to find the solution

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

When referring to the default SmartObject that queries AD are you referring to the AD Service, AD Service 2? These are not the one we use. Please see if you get the error using the UMUser Smartobject. Remember to add the label name. Ie. K2:DOMAINUSER.

vernon

Badge +1

I am referring to the AD Service 2 what is the differrence between  AD Service and  AD Service 2 and where exactle the UMUser user will be used  could you please send me any document that gives information about the default smartobject and where exactly these smartobjects are useful

I Have a SharePoint List  in that i have a column Title  i have created a smartobject for that sharepoint list  and i am searching for a title which is not exists  really exists in the Sharepoint list data  so again i am geetin the same error which i  posted before what could be the reason for that error

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

AD Service 2 is basically just an upgrade of the AD Service, which is more stable. Please refer to the following links.

AD Service: http://help.k2.com/en/KB000296.aspx

AD Service 2: http://help.k2.com/en/k2blackpearluserguide.aspx?page=AD02.html

A simple example where the UMUser is used is to resolve the destination users. When designing it is used retrieve the user from AD for the Object Browser, etc.

So you initial problem is when searching for a user that doesn’t exist in AD using an instance of the AD Service 2, it returns an error. I did this and I also received an error (Could not resolve user) which is expected as the user doesn’t exist. I suggest you log a Support ticket with K2 to have this issue investigated.

Can you also please explain why you need to search for users that don’t exist?

Vernon

Badge +1

Hi, I got similar problem please assist in the below, urgent

I got a text box where i will be typing the 3 to 4 charaters and click search button to get the search results.

I am struggling with the rule.

Please tell me what rule i need to keep to working my button rule to work.

Please assist urgently. Thanks in advance.

The problem is

The Infopath form is working perfectly fetching all the users in the active directory.

I got like this

Text box

Search button

Dropdown with all active directory users.

In the button i kept the following action in the rule..

1. Set a field's value as

field = datasource is AD_User_Get_Users(Secondary)

Queryfileds>InputProperties>Name

Field = Name

Value = concat(*,TextBoxField,*)

amd also added a query

Ad_User_Get_Users

so i added 2 actions

one is field value and second is query.

but when on running, i can see users in the dropdown on loading form, when type something in text box and click search , i see the dropdown users vanish. so it is not searching by the textbox characters.

Please assist me in configuring correct rule i need to use to get search results in the dropdown.

Thanks

Ravi

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Normal

false
false
false

EN-ZA
X-NONE
X-NONE

Maybe something to look at is the People Picker. Don’t know
if you are using this but the following link might help.

http://blogs.livepoint.com.au/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=24

Vernon