Nintex Workflow Flexitask based on selection

Badge +5

I have a SharePoint List form that depending on the selection of a dropdown (which could potentially have values added) which SharePoint Group would get a Flexitask assigned (SP Group 1 Reviewer or SP Group 2 Reviewer).  I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this in a single workflow.  Currently what I've done is created two State Machine (Reviewer and Approver) and then set a condition to determine the dropdown selection, but if that dropdown selection ends up having more than two choices it will be a problem.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kim

5 replies

Badge +8

Make another list. Give it two columns. One column that states the drop down choices, another that has the name of the group you'd like that choice to be sent to for approval. In the workflow, do a query list. Query this new list, in the filter section use your drop down choice as the filter against the drop down choice column. Then return the value for the matching group into a variable. In your flexi task, assign to the variable instead of a group directly.

Badge +5

Thank you, I did not think of that.  Will give that a try.

Badge +8

I use supporting lists like this for most of my workflows. The reasoning is, I can change a value in a supporting list a lot easier than changing it inside of a workflow and having to republish. 

It's like the workflow constants feature, but used in a local way.

Badge +8

@kwilliams how'd that work out for you?

Badge +5

I think it is working out great, was waiting to hear back from the requestor if he was satisified with the way the workflow was working and haven't heard back from him yet.