I would like to extract last 4 digits of a column, First name first initial, last name first two initials, birthday MMDD and generate an ID from that (example 1234LLW0101). I would like to achieve this using Nintex form. Could someone help me with

Badge +1

I would like to extract last 4 digits of a number column, First name first initial, last name first two initials, birthday MMDD and generate an ID from that (example 1234LLW0101). I would like to achieve this using Nintex form. Could someone help me with this?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This values are in separate fields? What is the date format? If the values are separated, then the easiest way would be to use native javascript function: substring (https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_substring.asp).

Then to store the substrings in a single variable, and in the end insert that variable into a field you will then use for storing the ID.

Regards,

Tomasz 

Badge +9

In Nintex Forms You can use Calculated Value Control, e.g.

203397_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +9

Hi Monica,

Try Calcuated column by using the following formula.

203405_pastedImage_2.png

203401_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Badge +1

Hello Lakshmi, 

This was extremely helpful. I tried following the same approach you did but didn't calculate the sub-string start and length parameters correctly. I was able to achieve the desired result after correcting them based on your post.

Thank you!

Regards,

Monica

Badge +1

Hello Lauer, 

Thank you for quick turn-around. This really helped in extracting the sub-string from First and Last Name. 

Regards,

Monica